Today I’m partaking in S4S for the first time, as this weeks theme appeals to me. What is it, you ask? 2018 Books You’ve Been Excited For.
I am the sort of person who will pick up a new book rather than read one I already have owned for a while, simply because my excitement for them is fresh. I’m only going to name the ones that are currently unreleased, rather than ones that are that I just haven’t got round to reading/buying yet.
- Stranger by Keren David – this is published in a few days time, and I plan on reading it as soon as I possibly can!
- The Weight of A Thousand Feathers by Brian Conaghan – I’ve read a few books by this author and have really enjoyed them, and I have a feeling this will be a really emotional read.
- Floored by various authors, including Non Pratt, Holly Bourne, and Sara Barnard – I got the sampler of this from Young Adult Lit Con and it seems great!
- Clean by Juno Dawson – a book about mental illness, addiction and recovery? Yes please.
- Bookshop Girl by Chloe Coles – my local library has been affected by cuts made by the council, so I’m looking forward to seeing how 16 year old Paige goes about trying to save her favourite bookshop.
- Spark by Alice Broadway – I loved Ink, so of course I want to read the sequel!
I hope you enjoyed this post and have a good day! Thanks for reading. Georgia 🙂