As you probably noticed, I’ve been pretty quiet on here still. So aswell as listing the books I read this month, I wanted to talk about that!
To begin with, I read 6 books this month! 4 of which were 5 star reads, 1 I gave 4 stars and unfortunately I handed out 1 1 star.
The books I read were;
- The Last Straw by Ed Duncan which I recieved a free copy of, from Kelsey @ Book Publicity Services, in exchange for a review. Not my usual genre but I really enjoyed it!
- In The Country We Love by Diane Guerrero, an absolutely heartbreaking read but so important.
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman. The feels!!!
- Sunflowers in February by Phyllida Shrimpton, the sad 1 star read of the month. Disappointed by this as I had such high hopes. I only popped my review of this on Goodreads since it was a negative one.
- Clean by Juno Dawson – which I won in a giveaway by the lovely Daniella of Don’t Bend The Spine too many months ago and only just got round to reading, despite it being on my immediate TBR ever since receiving it (sorry it took me so long, Daniella!)
- And last but not at all least, A Girl Called Shameless by Laura Steven, which you can all guess I adored.
This now means I’ve read 14 books so far this year, which I’m chuffed about as I initially set my Goodreads challenge to 10 books as to not pressure myself. I do have reviews on their way for the books listed aswell as some January books reviews, but because I’m still not reading as often as I’d like to I’m trying to space them out. I’m glad that I’m rating quite a few books so high so far this year, I’m hoping it stays that way!
I really want to start doing small updates on what I’m currently reading. I used to post most Wednesdays about it but I keep forgetting, being too busy or tired, or haven’t been reading anything. So I think I may just post randomly when I feel like it just to add something to my blog other than reviews. I wish I had more ideas at the moment, but if any of you guys have suggestions please comment them below!
I’ve been using an app called Forest recently to try and concentrate better on reading/updating my blog or book instagram. This is helping, though I do need to still try hard to break the anxiety habit of being glued to my phone for no reason. I’d definitely get much more done and feel less disappointed in myself. I want to start setting myself a daily read goal – if I exceed, great! I’ll start small though, but once I actually start reading I have difficulty stopping so an easy target should be possible.
Another thing: my preferred way to read eBooks is on my Kindle, and since Kindles have no colour I am never pleased with the photos I get of eBooks on it as they look so dull (to me at least). However since I have a spare phone, I’ve had the idea that I could start downloading the book to that phone’s Kindle app simply for its cover-with-colour purposes and take a picture of that, so I’ll start trying that out (if I remember) and see how that goes!
Lastly, I’ve actually purchased a few books this month! I’m so pleased about this because in my reading slump I’d not got any new books, partially because I had the feeling I wouldn’t read them for a while, but also because I just had no interest. So I’m happy that interest has returned!
Well, it’s late at night and this is everything I can currently think of, so to wrap it up I hope you all are well and forgive me for my inactiveness.
Georgia 🙂 x