Today is the first time I’m doing TTT, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. I’ve seen a lot of people posting about it today and I am getting involved! A bit late in the day but better late than never, right?
The reason I’m so lured in today is due to the topic, which is Unpopular Bookish Opinions. I must let my feelings free into the wild! Though I’m not actually sure how unpopular my opinions are – please comment and let me know which you agree with me on!
Let’s get started.
- I prefer Percy Jackson over Harry Potter. I also prefer Rick Riordan over J.K. Rowling.
- I don’t keep my books after I’ve read them. The thought of having bookshelves full makes me stressed.
- Leading on from the above, at bookish events such as YALC, as I don’t keep my books I’m not bothered about getting them signed. So I mostly go for author talks and to find new books to buy.
- If I could only read eBooks from now onwards I wouldn’t complain. That’s not to say I don’t like physical copies of books though.
- I prefer standalones. Series’ require more memory power or enough time to read the whole thing so quickly you have more than just an idea of what’s happening. Books that contain a recap are a wonderful thing.
- I will happily bend spines, though as I give my books away I try to be mindful as I wouldn’t want the book flopping everywhere for the next reader.
- I never have had an interest in reading classics and I don’t think I ever will.
- I don’t mind not having read the most popular or most recent books. I’ve got enough books to read that I don’t feel the need to immediately go read the latest “in” book.
- If I think I’m going to quite like a book I would rather pre-order it than request it on Netgalley. I doubt this one is unpopular!
- If a film adaption of a book hasn’t been done well I’m not at all fussed. The book will still remain the same!